You cannot imagine my enthusiasm when I found out that Luxembourg finally has a 100% vegan cafe. I immediately fell in love with the picturesque interior of the place, and loved the concept. Everything is made fresh from organic ingredients bought locally. Most food is also raw!
Rawdish offers breakfast and lunch menus, as well as juices and raw desserts. The breakfast and lunch menus are customisable to your taste, as you first pick the base, for example pasta or rice for lunch, and then pick a topping, which they offer about 4 different varieties of. For breakfast you can choose oatmeal, chia pudding, acai bowl and more. So far I've only tried their lunch menu and their dessert, but I'm definitely coming back for the chia pudding with fruit on top. For lunch I took black rice with the mushroom and tahini soy sauce topping, and I must admit, it was slightly overwhelming but I absolutely loved Mel's red pepper/cherry tomato sauce, it was delicious!
I also tried their raw "snickers" cake, which was absolutely delicious. The main ingredients are black chocolate and peanut butter. I haven't had a snickers bar in years, but I could definitely taste the similarities! As for their fresh juices I highly recommend Roger Rabbit, which contains sweet potato, carrot, pear, apples and more. It is so delicious and sweet that my little brother decided to swap his Brown Bear chocolate smoothie for my juice! Brown Bear smoothie contains cocoa and avocado among other things, so I personally wouldn't recommend to have this with the chocolate cake, but if you want something filling on the go, this would be ideal.
Some extra facts that make Rawdish super awesome:
- It is located in an easily accessible location, right next to Alima in town
- All their seemingly plastic packaging is actually made of "Bioplastic", which is a natural and biodegradable substance. This means their packaging has no toxic residue on your food and it is environmentally friendly
- Before Rawdish was opened, their location was actually a shoe store. Rawdish refurbished its cafe primarily by using leftover material from the previous shoe store! One more point for the environment!
- Rawdish offers free tapwater - something that is a given in the UK, but very rare to find in Luxembourg
- You can actually download their menu and have a look beforehand at what they offer
Regarding Rawdish prices, I wouldn't say they are cheap, nor expensive, just fair. Considering that everything they offer is healthy and organic, I think it's okay to pay maybe 2 EUR more than you would at your local boulangerie. The juices and smoothies are about 5EUR and the menus are 10EUR. It can get slightly busy during lunch on weekdays, but I've never had a problem finding a place to sit.
If you've been to Rawdish, please let me know what you think! I'm very curious to hear your thoughts. :)